Discover How To Break The Yips
Cycle–And Throw or Pitch Freely
Proven Audio and Workbook Program
Helps Ball Players Overcome Throwing Yips
Dear Ball Player or Coach:
I know you are frustrated with your throwing or pitching in games and have considered giving up the game. But before you make that huge decision to end your career, read what I have to say about how I help baseball and softball players overcome their throwing problems….
Over the last 10 years, ball players have told me many stories about the yips and how painful or embarrassing it can be…
Here’s a sample of what ball players say about the yips…
- “When I throw in practice, it’s great, but in games, I’m super inconsistent!“
- “I don’t have any problems with my long throws. Only when I make a short throw do I lose control”
- “When I really need a make a good play in the game, I tense up and throw a blooper.”
- “It seems like I have two different throws: A regular throw and my safe throw. My teammates ask me what’s wrong.”
- “I try so hard to control my throw that I manipulate the release, and I either spike the ball into the ground or throw over a teammate’s head.”
- “I have been getting progressively worse. I try to improve my mechanics of throwing, but it seems to make things worse.”
These ball players with the yips suffer from:
- Inability to throw or pitch freely (despite the fact they can in practice)
- Anxiety, tension, and over control of their action
- Super low confidence with the yips-infected mechanics
- Performance anxiety about what others will think
- Feeling like an alien has taken over their body and they have no control
If you can throw well when alone, but can’t take it to games, this is a mental game issue and not a physical challenge. Now, the yips might feel like it’s physical when you freeze, flinch, or over control your release. However, if you can throw freely in practice, but tense up in game situations, then it’s mental and not physical!
And taking drugs to relax before the game is not the answer…
How to Break THE YIPS CYCLE
After working with athletes for over 10 years on the yips, I developed a model for the throwing yips… My model explains why ball players get stuck in a nasty cycle that’s hard to break out of when they have the the yips. Here’s the model:
The Yips Cycle is a vicious cycle that causes ball players to stay trapped in over thinking and over control…
From fear of missing a throw to over control to feeling embarrassed, everyone I share this with agrees with my philosophy about the yips:
- The cycle comes and goes for some of you where you can lose the yips, but it returns mysteriously;
- The cycle is all about anxiety and fear of missing and the aftermath of missing;
- The cycle includes massive frustration that spills over into a ball player’s game and life;
- The cycle makes it hard to regain any confidence in your throwing or pitching.
This is what Ben had to say about when he experienced throwing problems:
“I remember I used to catch a couple years ago and had one game where I couldn’t throw the ball back to the pitcher. Parents were yelling and I have no idea what was going on. Ever since then I’ve had this trouble. Playing catch with my friends is no big deal, also throwing the ball to first in practice is easy for me. It’s games… I over throw and it’s super embarrassing and I don’t want to carry this into college. Even when I play catch with a older teammate I have to lob it and sometimes even bounce it when I’m 20 ft away. I’m just hoping I can get advice from you and have fun again.”*
The next step is to learn how to free-up your arm by understanding how to trust in your skills and return to an intuitive mindset when playing in a game.
What most ball players don’t realize is that to free up your arm you MUST address the REAL source of the fear that causes you to be afraid of making a short throw back to the pitcher–as if its life or death!
So how do you really know you have the throwing yips?
The most apparent sign: You throw freely in practice or when alone, but feel tense or freeze when you compete in games.
Or you probably have the throwing yips if:
- You dread making a short throw and miss the target badly.
- You spike the ball into the ground because you over think the release.
- You freeze during a throw or can’t take your arm all the way back.
- You jerk or flinch during your pitch or throw and sometimes balk with your throw.
- You fear that you will embarrass yourself for missing an easy throw.
- You think others judge you when you make poor throws or pitches.
- You can’t stop thinking about past misses and how to avoid them.
The yips can take all the fun out of your ball game. It can ruin the hard work you put into it. If you’ve had throwing problems for years, all this suffering is really unnecessary.
Having helped my athletes overcome the yips, you too can discover how to free up your arm and gain confidence again!
What Are My Credentials?
As a dedicated sports psychology expert for the last 25 years, I have researched and worked with thousands of elite athletes including top junior, collegiate, and pros. Over this time, I have compiled an impressive list of accomplishments and credentials such as:
- Working with some of the top golfers in the world including Junior, Collegiate, and PGA Tour winners on techniques to improve confidence, focus, and composure for golf – over 20 years.
- Interviewing many top athletes in the world including Ernie Els, John Houston, Steve Lowery, and Helen Alfredsson to uncover the strategies, techniques and skills that keep these professional golfers at the pinnacle of performance.
- Authoring and producing an extensive library of sports psychology books, videos, audio programs and training seminars. I wrote Baseball Mental Edge and The Confident Athlete CD and Workbook series.
- Earning a Ph.D. in Sports Psychology from the University of Virginia under Bob Rotella and having published more journal articles than any other students at the time.
- Owning and operating the world’s leading mental training web site with over 25,000 readers and hundreds of current members who are reaping the rewards mental game coaching brings to their performance.
My philosophy is to teach proven and applied mental game strategies–the same ones I’ve used to help other athletes overcome the yips and regain confidence. You will not find any overnight fixes or solutions to the yips–only practical strategies to help you get beyond the fear and over control of the yips cycle.
No Psychobabble and no fluff! Just simple mental game strategies to help you free up your arm, enjoy the game, and regain confidence!
Real Athletes I’ve Helped
“A Game Where My Throws Were 100% Yip Free”
“When I got on the field, it was like I couldn’t control my own body… When I would go to pull the trigger, some demon would take over. It was happening for about three years and kept getting worse and worse. I worked through it [with Dr. Cohn] where the fear is pretty much gone. I had a game recently where my throws were 100% yip-free. But I feel like I have more confidence now. I feel like I control my body now.”*
“Your Response To The Throwing Problem Covers Many Situations In Life”
“Your response to the throwing problem in front of the coach covers so many situations in life…that is the beauty of playing sports…the life learning experiences. Keep up the good work…you are the best coach.”*
“You Know What The Yips Are”
“I’ve read so many teachings regarding the yips, and you’re right on. I’ve read articles from top 10 teachers who have supposed cures for the yips, and realize, they don’t even know what the yips are… You know what they are, and I believe you know how to cure them. Thank you for your newsletters.”*
“I Feel Like I’m Stealing From You”
“Patrick–something seems really weird here. You are giving out so much good material to help with the yips, and I feel like I am stealing from you! I really like your style! You don’t see that very often–ever as a mater of fact! You are an amazing guy!”*
The best part is that you too, can tap into my expertise and experience I’ve learned from helping other athletes with the yips – so you can take your practice to games!
Learn to Throw or Pitch Freely Again
With My Proven Audio and Workbook Program…
|Digital Download||CDs & Workbook|
“Breaking The Yips Cycle:
Mental Strategies to Improve Confidence and Throw Freely Again”
I share with you everything I know about how to get over the yips… Including how to enjoy playing the game again by changing the reasons you play!
What’s Included In “Breaking The Yips Cycle” Program?
“Breaking The Yips Cycle” is a complete brain dump of the TOP Eight mental training sessions I do with my personal coaching students to help them overcome the yips and play with freedom again.
The Audio and Workbook Program Includes:
- Two CDs (CD purchase only). 120 minutes of mental training sessions to help you gain greater freedom, focus on the right performance cues, and simplify your prepitch routines.
- MP3 Audio (Digital Download). 120 minutes of mental training sessions you can download to your computer right away while you wait for the CDs and workbook to arrive. (MP3 Audio value = $149).
- An 8-Session Breaking The Yips Cycle Workbook to guide you through my mental game sessions and to overcome the throwing yips (Workbook value: $149.00).
- Bonus Session: Practice drills to free up your throwing to help you improve consistency and stop focusing on mechanics when you play.
8 Sessions on CD or Audio Download:
- Session 1: Managing Strict Expectations That Get in The Way
- Session 2: How to Focus on the Process
- Session 3: Learn to Throw Freely And Play Intuitively
- Session 4: Regaining Confidence in Your Game
- Session 5: Playing The Game For The Right Reasons
- Session 6: Overcoming Social Approval Fears
- Session 7: Uncoupling Your Self-Esteem And Performance
- Session 8: Simplify Your Throwing or Pitching Routine
|Digital Download||CDs & Workbook|
OVER $150 IN BONUSES JUST FOR TRYING MY PROGRAM!
You’ll Immediately download over $150 worth of FREE bonuses after you complete your order. You get all of these bonuses for just trying our program! Keep the bonuses even if you choose to return the program for a full refund (within 30 days of your purchase).
Special Bonus 1 – Interview with Ken Ravizza (42 minutes) (MP3 Audio And Transcript)
Dr. Ken Ravizza, former professor of Applied Sport Psychology at the California State University at Fullerton, discusses with Dr. Cohn his approach to mental training. We talk about what’s needed to find that passion for what you are doing as an athlete (a $25 value).
Special Bonus 2 – Interview with Tom Hanson (46 minutes) (MP3 Audio And Transcript)
Dr. Tom Hanson, the author of “Heads-Up Baseball: Playing the Game One Pitch at a Time” and former full-time Performance Enhancement director for the New York Yankees, discusses his approach to mental training. Dr. Hanson speaks about his “tapping” technique and its uses (a $25 value).
Special Bonus 3 – Sharpen Your Focus (E-book)
When learning mental game strategies, you first have to understand the concepts such as how to focus, what you need to focus on, and how to refocus when distracted. Print this e-book to help you learn how to improve concentration using these practice drills (a $30 value).
Special Bonus 4 – The Confidence-Expectations Connection (E-book)
As your players practice more and achieve greater success, expectations can also elevate to the point of harming their confidence. If they don’t reach their own expectations, confidence can take a blow especially when they begin to have self-doubt. Print this e-book to help your players understand the relationship between confidence and expectations (a $30 value).
Special Bonus 5 – Pregame Warm-Up Routine (PDF)
Athletes must apply what they learn in the program to be successful. A pregame routine is the perfect way to apply what you learn. This cheat-sheet guide summarizes the top mental preparation strategies and tells you exactly how to mentally prepare for game. You can modify the guide to fit your athletic needs (a $30 value).
Special Bonus 6 – Pregame Tips For Parents And Coaches (PDF)
What should you, as a parent or coach, say and do just before competition to help athletes get into a confident mindset? Learn how you can reinforce our mental strategies so you’re part of the solution and not part of the problem! Help your ball player play with confidence (a $20 value).
Special Bonus 7 – Practice Drills to Free Up Your Arm (Bonus Chapter)
How should you practice to free up your arm? Use my practice drills to throw intuitively and stop over thinking your arm action (a $20 value).
What’s the Cost?
Our program retails at $249.00 (digital download) and $299.00 (CDs and Workbook shipped to you).
If you order the digital download program, you save $50 plus no shipping charges and you can download the program right away. And the digital download is the same material as the CDs only on MP3s and PDFs.
Of course, I’m happy if you enroll in my one-on-one mental coaching program! However, my one-on-one personal coaching program costs almost 4X the money for three months!
|Digital Download||CDs & Workbook|
Two Easy Methods to Order
- The easiest and most efficient way is to place your order online today. Click Here to Order Digital OR Click Here to Have The CDs & Workbook Shipped To You
- Call us toll free 888-742-7225 and place your order with a valid credit card. Have your email, address, phone number, and credit card handy.
Thank you for taking the time to read about “Breaking The Yips Cycle” – my best option (other than personal coaching) to help you throw freely again and regain your confidence. Please contact me if you have any questions about my program!
Patrick J. Cohn, Ph.D.
Master Mental Game Coach
P.S. You can learn the same yips-breaking mental game strategies I teach my one-on-one coaching students for a fraction of the price. What would it be worth to you to throw freely again without changing your mechanics?
Click here to order “Breaking The Yips Cycle” – and learn how to enjoy baseball or softball again!
*Testimonials found on this site are examples of what we have done for other clients, and what some of our clients have said about us. However, we cannot guarantee the results in any case. Your results may vary and every situation is different. No compensation was provided for these testimonials.