How to Trust Your Skills in Volleyball
In this week’s “PeakSports Video,” Dr. Patrick Cohn and Dr. Megan Melchiorre, our newest member to the Peak Performance Sports Mental Coaching team and lead mental game coach, start a new mental game video series for volleyball coaches, players and parents.
They discuss the psychology of volleyball and some of the challenges that volleyball players have.
If you have a mental game question, visit Peaksports.com and click on “Contact Us” to submit your question for Dr. Cohn and Dr. Megan to answer in a mental game videocast or podcast.
Are you (or your volleyball players) able to take your practice game to competition?
In this video, Dr. Cohn and Dr. Megan discuss:
When perfectionist volleyball players go from practice to game time, they tend to lost trust in their skills.
COHN: We know trust in ones skills the ability to take their practice game and what that have learned and apply it to a game situation, is vitally important.
COHN: What does it look like when a volleyball player is trusting his or her skills verses when they are not? What is the difference?
Watch Dr. Cohn and Dr. Megan’s mental coach video to learn more about trusting your skills in games:
Subscribe to the Peaksports YouTube channel now to receive updates on our new content!
Coming Soon – The Mental Edge For Volleyball Players
Do you over think your performance in games? Do you lose confidence easily after a couple of blow plays? Do you become so frustrated with your game that you can’t focus on the next play?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, it’s a good bet that your mental game might prevent you from consistent performance in games…
Coming this Thursday, we have a new audio and workbook program for volleyball players called:
“The Mental Edge For Volleyball: 8 Mental Toughness Strategies For Peak Performance”
“The Mental Edge For Volleyball” program is ideal for any club, academy, college, or professional volleyball players. In addition, volleyball coaches, instructors, and parents would also be wise to teach the strategies we provide in “The Mental Edge For Volleyball” to their players.
- Players: Get the mental edge by learning how to take control of your confidence, mentally prepare for games, and perform with composure under pressure.
- Trainers: Learn how to give your students the mental game advantage.
- Coaches: Boost your team’s confidence using simple, proven mental strategies.
- Parents: Help boost your volleyball player’s confidence. Don’t let their mind hold them back any longer.
“The Mental Edge For Volleyball” audio and Workbook Program Includes:
- A CD including 8 confidence-boosting sessions on audio. Each 25-30 minute session includes one mental training lesson to help you improve confidence, focus, composure, and develop focused routines,
- One “Mental Edge For Volleyball” workbook to guide you through my mental toughness sessions and to overcome mental game roadblocks.
- Eight “Mental Edge For Volleyball” Post-Game Assessments to help assess how you are doing and provide the answers to make any adjustments with your mental game.
- Eight Pregame Audio Programs to help you mentally prepare for competition.
Stay tuned to learn more about the program this Thursday!
Download Our Free Volleyball Mental Preparation Report!
Discover the mental game secrets to performing serve receive well for volleyball players.
Download our free sports psychology for volleyball report:
- How to use your mind as an asset instead of a hindrance during serve receive.
- A critical mental error that can undermine your on-court performance!
- How to mentally prepare to perform well during serve receive.
- How to focus your mind and trust your skills using an pre-serve routine.
Please enter your first name, primary email, and role in volleyball below to instantly receive your FREE mental game report:
Boost Your Self-Confidence With Expert Mental Game Coaching!
You can work with Dr. Megan Melchiorre herself in Orlando, Florida or via Skype, FaceTime, or telephone. Call us toll free at 888-742-7225 or contact us for more information about the different coaching programs we offer!
Dr. Megan Melchiorre is the newest member of the Peak Performance Team as the lead mental game coach specializing in volleyball. She competed collegiality in volleyball and coaches club volleyball teams.