Using Mental Skills in Practice
Mental coach, Dr. Patrick Cohn of Peak Performance Sports helps equestrian athletes of all level improve their mental game and performance. In this video, Dr. Cohn addresses the top mental game challenges for equestrian athletes. He answers questions from riders about pressure, pregame jitters, over analysis, perfectionism, and other mental game challenges. Visit Equestrian Confidence and Download his free report: “8 Costly Mistakes Equestrians Make with Their Mental Preparation.”
In this short video, learn:
- Tips on mental preperation for equestrians.
- How to practice mental skills in the practice pen.
- Dr. Cohn’s model for learning mental skills.
- Why you should always use mental skills in practice first.
Watch Other Videos in This Series:
Related Sports Psychology Articles
- Sports Psychology Podcast: Mental Game for Equestrians
- Sports Psychology Podcast: Helping Equestrians Who Over-School Their Horses
- Top Mental Game Challenges For Equestrian Athletes
Download a free sports psychology report to improve your mental game!
“8 ‘Costly’ Mistakes Equestrians Make”
Get FREE instant access to our Equestrian Confidence MP3 audio program by Dr. Patrick Cohn and Kathy Valentine from Heart-Centered Equine Academy. Discover if you are making one or more of these “costly” mental game mistakes before you (or your riders) enter the ring!
You’ll discover how your mind can be your best or worst asset prior to shows. If you are using your mind effectively to mentally prepare for shows. This one strategy that can help you boost your preshow confidence. The top mental skills to improve trust in your skills and your horse!My equestrian psychology tips to boost your performance in shows…