In this week’s sports psychology podcast, mental game of sports expert, Dr. Patrick Cohn, interviews Chris DePiero. Chris DePiero is the current head coach and general manager of the Oshawa Generals of the Ontario Hockey League.
Dr. Cohn and Chris DePiero talk about overcoming adversity in sports. They discuss ways athletes can learn important life lessons from the challenges associated with sports.
Listen to this month’s sports psychology podcast to learn how to improve your performance in sports and other mental game barriers that limit your performance.
- Download the Sports Psychology Podcast #96 (right click and “save as” to your computer)
- Subscribe to The Sports Psychology podcast via iTunes.
- Grab Dr. Cohn’s free mental training and mental toughness for sports eBooks!
- Download a free sports psychology report to improve your mental game!
- Want Dr. Cohn to answer your mental game of sports question in his podcast? Submit your sports psychology question to Dr. Cohn at Peaksports.com.
Related Sports Psychology Articles
- Managing Your Emotions When Adversity Hits
- How to Mentally Prepare for Adversity
- How to Overcome Adversity for Athletes
Download a free sports psychology report to improve your mental game!
The Confident Athlete
“The Confident Athlete” consists of 2 audio programs that include 14 days of confidence fueling exercises and a simple to follow workbook that guides you through the 14 days, helps you apply the strategies, and customizes the exercises to your personal needs.
Let me help you put a stop to the confidence leak. You can learn to have greater levels of confidence in competition than you do in practice by identifying the specific ways you undermine your own confidence and how to convert your practice confidence into COMPETITIVE CONFIDENCE.
“The Confident Athlete” is a ground-breaking system to teach you how to think like a champion and have ultimate self-confidence every time you step on the playing field, court, track, or course. The confident athletes was developed for any athlete – junior to professional –that wants to gain confidence. However, coaches and sports parents can learn how to teach others to perform with ultimate confidence. Use my program if you want to bust a slump or just wanting higher or more consistent levels of self-confidence.